Richard A. Salman, D.D.S.
Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
A native of Fair Lawn, New Jersey, Dr. Salman attended Princeton University and received a B.A. in History from Lafayette College. In college, he was on the Dean’s List and was elected to the Phi Alpha Theta Honor Society. Dr. Salman received his D.D.S. degree from New York University College of Dentistry, and completed the General Practice Residency at the Bellevue Hospital Center-New York University Medical Center. Dr. Salman continued in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency at the Bellevue Hospital Center-New York University Medical Center, and served as the Chief Resident of the program. Following his residency, Dr. Salman taught at New York University College of Dentistry and attained the rank of Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Dr. Salman is an Associate Adjunct Surgery attending at the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai and is an attending in the Dental Department at Monmouth Medical Center.
Dr. Salman is married to and practices with Dr. Debra Salman, a periodontist, and they have three children. In his spare time, he enjoys skiing, fishing, gardening, movies and collecting political memorabilia.
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Diplomate, National Dental Board of Anesthesiology
- Fellow, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow, American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Fellow, American Association of Hospital Dentists
- New Jersey Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- New Jersey Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Salman, S.J., Salman, L., and Salman, R.A.: Thrombocytopenic Purpura Secondary to Quinidine Hypersensitivity, Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol 44: 45-48, 1977.
- Salman R.A., Salman, D.G., Glickman, R.S., Super, S., and Salman, L.: Minocycline Induced Pigmentation of the Oral Cavity, J Oral Med 40: 154-157, 1985. (Abstracted in J Periodontal 57:393, 1986).
- Salman R.A., Bonk, S.J., Salman, D.G., and Glickman, R.S.: Submandibular Space Abscess Due to Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans, J Oral Maxillofac Surg 44: 1002-1005, 1986.
- Salman, R.A., Glickman, R.S., and Super, S.: Lesch-Nyhan Syndrome: Report of Two Cases, J Oral Med 42: 10-13, 66, 1987.
- Salman, R.A. , Glickman, R.S., and Super, S.: Splint Therapy for Electrical Burns of the Oral Commissure in Children, J Dent Child 54: 161-164, 1987.
- Salman, R.A.: Oral Manifestations of Beckwith-Wiedmann Syndrome, Spec Care Dent 8: 23-24, 1988.
- Salman, R.A.: Toothbrush Ingestion, Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol 66: 386, 1988.
- Salman R.A., Leonetti, J.A., Salman, L., and Chaudhry, A.P.: Adult Benign Granular Cell Tumor of the Maxilla, J Oral Pathol Med 18: 517-519, 1989.
- Salman, R.A., and Kinney, L.A.: Calcified Thyroid Cartilage, Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol 70: 806-807, 1990.
- Schreiber, A., Kinney, L.A., and Salman, R.: Large-Cell Lymphoma of the Infratemporal Fossa Presenting as Myofasial Pain, J Craniomandib Disord Facial Oral Pain, 5: 286-289, 1991.